mpg to QTmov to FCP to DVD fast motion stutters; need help

Posted by peter_nichols 
mpg to QTmov to FCP to DVD fast motion stutters; need help
August 28, 2011 04:12PM
Video shot in a studio through a Tricaster making .mpg files.
.mpg files converted with mpgstreamclip to .mov.
.mov files used to edit in FCP 4.5.
Project rendered then Exported to QuickTime movie.
QT.mov then burned on DVD.
Relatively slow to moderate movements appear normal. However quick motions aren't smooth as if frame rate is too low (I don't think so), or something. Resembles strobe-light effect.
Any ideas.
pn
Re: mpg to QTmov to FCP to DVD fast motion stutters; need help
August 28, 2011 04:21PM
What was the rationale behind using this Tricaster thing to record? I'm not familiar with it, but I looked it up and the specs say it records to DV, AVI, WMV and MPEG-1. MPEG-1 is a toothless ancient mariner of a format (it came out in 1992, I think...that's 19 years), so I don't suspect it will do well for colour, clarity, or motion.

Also, you didn't provide any details on what you converted to, what you edited as, and what you exported as. If you edited in, say, an Offline RT timeline (320x240, Photo JPEG compression), then obviously anything you stick into it will look awful. You need to provide this information:

1. What kind of MPEG-1 did you capture? What frame size and frame rate?

2. What did you convert to in MPEG Streamclip? Frame size? Frame rate? Codec?

3. What did you edit in? What are your Sequence Settings? FCP4.5 would have limited HD settings -- only Apple Intermediate Codec and DVCPro HD. Is this thing SD or HD?

4. What did you export the final QuickTime movie as? Also, you said you "burned the QT movie to DVD". You didn't mention whether you meant you encoded to a video DVD, or simply burned a data DVD of the QuickTime movie. The former option would, obviously, entail yet another hit in quality.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics