compressor/limiter filter out of sync

Posted by lholmes 
compressor/limiter filter out of sync
September 13, 2011 04:04AM
I am working on a series of multi-cam sequences. Every time I add the Compressor/limiter filter I get the audio render bar. When I render it, the audio goes way out of sync. Sometimes more than a minute. It does it for any audio track I add the filter too. If I play the sequence without rendering I can still hear all the audio but also have the audio render beep. No other filters I have used do this. I have tried this on multiple machines and multiple projects. It happens every time I am using a sequence with multi-cams. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: compressor/limiter filter out of sync
September 13, 2011 05:17AM
do you need to apply the filter just to wok on the sequence?
does this happen if you use that same filter on a NON-multicam sequence?

i'd suggest you simply wait till you are finished editing the sequence, then collapse multiclips, add the filter, and export.

nick
September 13, 2011 07:31AM
I haven't tried it on a non multi clip sequence but even if I add it at the end of my multi clip sequence it still gets out of sync during the export. I read that deleting the FCP plist helps solve this problem. I tried doing that and it works for a little while. Just makes me nervous when I don't know the exact problem and can't depend on the temporary fix.
September 13, 2011 09:10AM
"I haven't tried it on a non multi clip sequence"

if it were me, id try that.

if that doesn't work, then maybe simply collapsing the multiclips isn't enough, and you have to completely "un-multiclip" them.
to do that you need to run your sequence though Media Manager:

-Create Offline
-Dont delete unused
-Base Media File names on Existing
- *** Don't Include Multiclip Angles

that last is the important step,
then when you get your offline sequence, just re-connect to your files.

or you could just trash your prefs before you export, but that seems like a bad workaround to me.

BTW, i dont know if this will help the sync issue or not, but that filter isn't too demanding.
you should up your RT audio track number in your user prefs, then you wont get the red render bar.
FCP is by default set to 8 tracks.
been that way for 13 years, and computers are a tad more powerful these days smiling smiley

nick
September 13, 2011 09:26AM
You can also turn off the unrendered audio beep in preferences if you like.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics