re:Blue Ray Discs?

Posted by wpecinich 
re:Blue Ray Discs?
September 18, 2011 05:44PM
Greetings Fellow FCPers',
I am wondering if my current version of FCP Studio 2 (with FCP Version 5) will take my DVCPRO HD footage and create BlueRay Discs? Would it be possible to add a Blue Ray burner to my PowerPC MAC G5 (OS Tiger 10.4)? Starting to get calls for this. I'm fairly happy with HD DVD's, but you know technology! I'm trying to steer away from having to upgrade my MAC to the Intel/Mac setup.

Thanks to all!
Wayne P.
Re: re:Blue Ray Discs?
September 18, 2011 06:46PM
This is only possible with Compressor 3.5 and higher in Final Cut Studio 3. Roxio Toast can do it as well but it needs an Intel computer on Leopard.

You're going to have difficulty finding applications that support your system, I'm afraid. A lot of developers only support the current OS and the previous one, and Apple's new developer tools aren't even capable of compiling for PowerPC systems anymore.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics