Audio Levels Spiking

Posted by bworkman 
Audio Levels Spiking
September 20, 2011 08:05PM
I'm running FCP 7 on an iMac with a 2.93 Ghz Intel Core i7, 8GB hard drive, and it's running OS X, version 10.6.7. Editing from a 2TB G-Drive.

I posted this a few days ago, and didn't hear from anyone. Never hurts to try again.
I have an audio problem that will not go away. It is very odd and inconsistent. During one scene that I have cut the music keeps raising in level for a few frames. It tends to do it when I watch more than a minute of picture. If I go directly to the spot right after hearing the the level spikes, the music follows the edit commands. The inconsistency is what confuses, and frustrates me the most. If I scroll over the tracks there is no rise in level. It wouldn't be a big deal if it was only a playback issue in FCP, but it is doing it in exported movies as well. Tracks are AIFs. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Audio Levels Spiking
September 20, 2011 08:24PM
Select all the audio clips, Disable (CONTROL-B) and the re-Enable (CONTROL-B again). Perform an Audio Mixdown (OPTION-COMMAND-R). What you're hearing is usually the result of a long-running FCP audio-render bug that's been in there since at least FCP5. The most frequent culprit is a long audio clip (eg. music track) being moved constantly to overlap with different, shorter audio clips (eg. dialogue). Re-rendering usually makes it go away. Turning off all audio options in Render Selection and Render All, and using only Audio Mixdown to render audio, lessens the frequency of the bug, but doesn't eliminate it.

If it still doesn't go away, select the overlapping music track, disconnect the media (SHIFT-D, Leave All Files on Disk), and then reconnect the media to its source files.

www.derekmok.com
Re: Audio Levels Spiking
September 22, 2011 08:05PM
Thanks Derek! It worked.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics