Compressor question

Posted by Delphinus 
Compressor question
October 17, 2011 03:09PM
Hi All:
First, thanks for all your great help in the past. I do not use Compressor that often and when I do I usually forget one step. You may be able to help. I am basically trying to compress an 83 minute (23.71GB) film down to make a DVD master. I performed this task successfully months ago, but I think I forgot one step.
When I open Compressor, I bring the movie into the Submit box, where it shows up in the tiny screen in the upper left. I then open the DVD Best Quality 90 minute - 4:3 folder and drag all three elements into the Submit box (AIFF 48/16, Dolby 2.0, and MPEG-2). I then hit Submit and I get the dropdown "Name, Cluster, Priority" designators. I hit Submit, but all I get in my Harddrive is the AIFF file and the m2v file seperately. Shouldn't I be getting one file with both the mpeg-2 and aiff (and Dolby) in it?
Re: Compressor question
October 17, 2011 03:56PM
Nope. You should get three files. One for each setting. You don't really need the AIFF file though.
The Dolby ac3 will be your audio file. If you are using DVDStudio Pro you drag both the m2v and the ac3 into the sources window and add them both to a track.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
October 17, 2011 06:21PM
Andrew:
What I am trying to do is compress this movie into a small enough file to burn a DVD on Toast Titanium, not directly to Studio Pro. Toast Titanium does not accept more than one file in burning a single DVD project. I need a good quality file small enough to fit on a DVD-R with audio. Any suggestions?
Stan
October 18, 2011 07:00AM
Never used Toast. There must be a list of file formats it accepts, somewhere.

Either Toast does it's own compressing to MPEG2 behind the scenes like iDVD in which case you throw your big movie at at and hope for the best, or you have to turn it into some kind of MPEG2 file muxed with audio. Either way you'll need to know what format it will accept.

UNLESS you don't want a playable DVD that will work in DVD players but instead want to make a DATA DVD that has a quicktime on it. In that case turn the movie into an H.264 using Compressor or whatever you want to use.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
October 18, 2011 07:08AM
Toast does its own DVD compression.

www.strypesinpost.com
October 18, 2011 12:31PM
OK, I'm thoroughly embarrased. Someone put printable CDs into our printable DVD rack, which is why I kept getting a notice that we needed 9 disks to do the burn. I just discovered this, and the problem is resolved. Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics