Adjust Image Size by Dimension?

Posted by Tom Sanders 
Adjust Image Size by Dimension?
November 30, 2011 03:09PM
Is there a way to adjust clip size by entering a specific x/y dimension, rather than scaling and then adjusting the motion/distort/aspect ratio slider?
Re: Adjust Image Size by Dimension?
November 30, 2011 03:46PM
What are you trying to achieve? Because video isn't the same as photos. Your Sequence has a set frame size. What you're talking about is Cropping, like in Photoshop.

If you want to export a still in a certain dimension, for example, you should export at full size from FCP and then save a resized version in Photoshop. If your video needs to be a certain frame size, then you should create a Sequence in that frame size and rescale all media to fit.

www.derekmok.com
Re: Adjust Image Size by Dimension?
November 30, 2011 04:11PM
What I'm trying to achieve is to be able to specify a image size, by pixel count, of a clip within a sequence. Say my sequence is 1920x1080, and I have a clip which is 1280x720. Suppose I want to put that clip into the sequence, scaled to exactly 960x540.

The only way I found to get there is to scale the image to 150% in the Basic Motion area, and then adjust the Distort slider to -100.

a) I don't understand the math FCP is using;

b) I only got to those numbers by visually playing around with the frame until i got to what I wanted, then stepping into the motion tab and seeing what I was close to, and then rounding to the next logical number.

That seems backwards. It seems like I ought to be able to just type in the dimensions at which I want FCP to display the clip.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics