FCP7 log and capture files contain no video, only audio.

Posted by spencevideo 
FCP7 log and capture files contain no video, only audio.
December 02, 2011 10:06AM
FCP7 log and capture files contain no video, only audio. I had FCP7 with OS Leopard, then upgraded to Snow Leopard, then to Lion and then had FCP10 installed. As I worked thru FCP10 all seemed fine. Importing video from a camera worked fine. So, then I went back to FCP7 and with the exact same set-up the log and capture files only contained audio, no video. I also tried playing those files in Quicktime Player with the same result - no video. After checking every thing I could think of to check, I decided to de-install FCP7 and reinstall it. When I put the Creative Suite 3 disks in to do the reinstall, FCP7 was grayed out and I could not reinstall it. At this point I took the computer to my dealer and eventually he had to de-install 10 before he could reinstall 7. After all this, FCP7 log and capture files still do not contain video. During log and capture, audio and video are present and there is no indication anything is amiss. Thanks!
Re: FCP7 log and capture files contain no video, only audio.
December 02, 2011 10:38AM
I only thing I can address is that it seems that you have to install the FCP Suite first before installing FCP X. It has something to do with how the FCP Suite is stored in it's own folder. This happens automatically when you install FCP X. They make us learn the hard way sometimes...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics