FCP7 (Studio3 ) on Lion

Posted by Jay Beeson 1 
FCP7 (Studio3 ) on Lion
September 16, 2011 02:32PM
Hi All--

I have not been editing for 2 yrs because of health issues -
i am thinking about getting a new Imac with Lion and want to run FCP7 (Studio 3)
Is there any Issues with doing this ??? Thanks--Jay--
Re: FCP7 (Studio3 ) on Lion
September 16, 2011 11:39PM
It's working fine for me so far.

September 17, 2011 08:38AM
I heard there was an issue with 3rd party plugins in FCP 7 and Lion. Can you verify that, Jude? It had something to do with changing a parameter in the plugin and FCP not forcing a re-render.

www.strypesinpost.com
FCP 7 & Lion
September 16, 2011 11:21PM
Seems to be no end of conflicting reports about this, so curious if anyone has direct experience installing the newly re-released FCP 7 (and other FC Studio 3 programs) on a new Mac running Lion -- and if so, did the Install go smoothly -- and is FCP running smoothly?

I just picked up a new iMac 27" with an i7 3.4GHz Quad Core, and a Radeon 6970M graphics card, and trying to decide whether to buy and install FCP 7 (which is what I really want), vs. taking the plunge with FCP X (which I really have no interest in at the moment).

Thanks.
Re: FCP 7 & Lion
September 16, 2011 11:39PM
One of my workplaces had installed Lion and FCP7 without me realising there had been a change of OS. It took a while for me to notice we were on Lion. So yes, it seems to work fine.

September 17, 2011 01:28AM
Just the fact that we're getting so many conflicting experiences is, to me, a sign that it's not stable enough yet. Get Snow Leopard if you can. The beginnings of Tiger and Leopard were rife with trouble, too.

www.derekmok.com
September 17, 2011 08:45AM
>without me realising there had been a change of OS

This cat would have been easy to spot. Scroll down and it scrolls up. I am hesitant about upgrading, due to the lack of Rosetta.

www.strypesinpost.com
September 17, 2011 01:06PM
Jeff Green Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seems to be no end of conflicting reports about
> this, so curious if anyone has direct experience
> installing the newly re-released FCP 7 (and other
> FC Studio 3 programs) on a new Mac running Lion --
> and if so, did the Install go smoothly -- and is
> FCP running smoothly?

The installation issues you have been hearing about are related to Final Cut Pro 6 and below. FCP7 installs just fine.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
September 17, 2011 07:38PM
No the scrolling was normal. Maybe they already fixed that in the preferences. The main thing I noticed was that folder windows don't have .. edges or something, and you tend to scroll sideways out of the region you were looking at, which is annoying. And, uh, that's a very poor description of the problem.

September 18, 2011 08:35PM
Thanks for taking the time to write me and the info-
Glad no real problems--

New Mac on the way ---> ME Happy --Jay--
December 02, 2011 10:51AM
I am having problems installing the TMTS plugins that I've been using for years.
In: Library>Application support>Final Cut Studio - there used to be a plugins folder. No more. I tried creating one. No dice. I tried just dropping my plugins in the FCS folder and they just won't take.
I need the TMTS flashframe transition because I've used it in ongoing projects. Now that I have a new system, I can't access it.
Anyone had this problem or know a work around?

Thanks
Oliver
December 02, 2011 11:08AM
The correct folder is /Library/Application Support/Final Cut Pro System Support/Plugins. Some plugins will work in a subdirectory and some will only work in the root of this folder.

If you still have difficulties, Plugin Manager can automatically install a plugin to the proper directory based on its type:
[www.digitalrebellion.com]

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
December 02, 2011 11:55AM
Thanks for your response Jon.
Problem is, no such path exists for me.
The only available path is as follows.
Library/Application Support/Final Cut Studio/Motion
I don't have a Final Cut Pro System Support folder. Why is that?
RE: Digital Rebellion: I don't want to spend $139 to access my free plugins.
December 02, 2011 11:58AM
If the path doesn't exist, create it.

My software:
More tools...
December 02, 2011 06:21PM
I can confirm that the path exists for me on Lion. And I'm running TMTS plugs.

December 02, 2011 06:51PM
I'm all good. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics