make video look like a painting

Posted by Lisha 
make video look like a painting
December 08, 2011 12:20PM
Hello to all,

I'm looking for software that will make the video look like a painting and/or a cartoon. I've seen the software at trade shows, but I haven't found it in an online search.

Does anyone know of such software for Final Cut Pro 6?

Thank so much!

Lisha
Re: make video look like a painting
December 08, 2011 12:40PM
Actually I'm looking for more of a painting. YEARS ago I worked with a software with Avid. It gave the option to create different styles of painting; Picasso, Rembrandt, watercolor, etc.,...
December 08, 2011 01:01PM
Check out what Red Giant has to offer:

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/products/all/toonit/
December 08, 2011 01:07PM
Thanks Russ!!! JUST came across their website. Looking to see what else is out there so I can present the producer with options.

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know if you hear of anything else. :-)
December 08, 2011 07:00PM
[straylight.tv]

Toon a matic, Graphic Novel Look...

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
December 08, 2011 10:58PM
you can combine magic bullet looks with a stack of filters in fcp to achieve a kind of painterly look. here's a sort of "water-color on board" sort of thing i did a few weeks ago...

painted effect sample
December 09, 2011 10:05AM
I used ToonIt in After Effects for a "Van Gough Effect" where the brush strokes move (not just an effect laid over the video) - came out pretty excellent and client loved it. Lots of options in ToonIt.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

December 09, 2011 11:15AM
i worked with Toonit as well - real heavy render times but with the right parameter-tweaking, you can almost get a semi- 'Scanner Darkly / Waking Life effect . . .
December 09, 2011 12:06PM
Photoshop can also be your friend for something like this. If you know how to use image sequences and can use the automated actions function in Photoshop (not hard to learn) you can build great looks. Not as quick as dropping on filters in FCP, but can deliver excellent painting style results (amongst other things). If you have Photoshop and can handle the workflow, you may not need to buy any filter packages. Works in any version of FCP.
December 09, 2011 06:36PM
RE:Vision, the makers of Twixtor have Video Gogh. Ears don't need any modification for it to work.
[www.revisionfx.com]

NewBlueFX has Paint Effects
[www.newbluefx.com]
bj
December 09, 2011 09:04PM
Toonit works very well for me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics