Exporting 8 tracks of audio, 5.1 Surround Audio and an add'l stereo pair

Posted by ericketson14 
Exporting 8 tracks of audio, 5.1 Surround Audio and an add'l stereo pair
December 15, 2011 06:29PM
We have a project that we are exporting for Distribber to put on Itunes, etc. We have to export the audio as follows from FCP 7:
Must have 8 channels of audio
-5.1 - L, R, C, LFE, Ls, Rs/PCM Little Endian/Each audio channel needs to be its own track
-Ch. 7 stereo left, Ch. 8 stereo right/PCM Little Endian/ Each audio channel needs to be its own track

Whenever we export the project we only end up getting 6 tracks of audio, no idea why. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Re: Exporting 8 tracks of audio, 5.1 Surround Audio and an add'l stereo pair
December 15, 2011 07:07PM
Go to Sequence > Settings > General > Audio Settings, and then Sequence > Settings > Audio Outputs and tell us what your settings are in both those places.

December 15, 2011 08:04PM
Under Sequence settings - general - audio settings:
Rate: 48 kHz
Depth: 24-bit
Config.: I've tried as both "channel grouped" and "discrete channels".
Under audio outputs: In the first drop down option I didn't select anything, it says "load audio output preset". There are 8 outputs, each set at 0 for the downmix and as dual mono for grouping. I've also tried having track 7 and 8 as a stereo pair. Thanks.
December 18, 2011 07:44AM
OK. A few things - first, are you exporting to tape or file? I imagine it's file since it's for iTunes, but just in case.

Second, did you try loading a 5.1 output preset in the sequence settings, then choosing 8 channels?

Thirdly, have you assigned each channel a track in the timeline? You can access this by right clicking near the little padlock on each audio line.

And last - how do you know you're not getting 8 tracks? Where are you testing this?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics