Storyboard Software - What should be cosidered before buying?

Posted by J.Corbett 
Storyboard Software - What should be cosidered before buying?
December 23, 2011 02:27AM
After winging it for years. I sketch out stick men with the worse BG's imaginable to illustrate my idea of the shoot. Its a lucky day when i can get 60% of what i was sketching.

So, I am in the market for a storyboard program that will:

> have environment templates (living rooms, deserts, front door, parking lots....ect)
> have shot angles
> have character i can add and manipulate within scenes
> i would like to be able to look at an overview of the scene in a 3x3 column / row view
> add dialog text to associated tiles
> add my own environmental pic such as a pic of a empty club or a pic of my own backyard and still have the ability to add the predefined characters and cam angles.
> Maybe add audio also

I look at [www.martiniquickshot.com] this is about the price range i was looking for. (199.USD wouldn't mind cheaper)

It says it has angles and environments and characters. However, not having any experience with these softwares makes me uneasy without some type of input as to what to look for a program like this.

Production Types:

50% Commercials
30% Music video
20% Docs, web content, profiles, how-to's & such

I use Premier Pro cs5 from the masters suite for 60% of my editing. The rest is done in FCP6&7.

I am not looking for perfection but i need something more coherent than my stick figures and bad geometry. I can not draw very well.
This would be used at times to show a client a general idea of their commercial or music video.

THANX

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics