Audio Editing in FCP

Posted by shawnyh 
Audio Editing in FCP
January 03, 2012 01:35PM
Hey guys, I am working on a project with a lot of background noise...kind of like a hiss. Is there a easy to to eliminate that? Can I do that in soundtrack or do I need pro tools. I believe the client only had soundtrack pro on their machine. If you guys could also link me any recommended current tutorials that would be great too! thanks.
Re: Audio Editing in FCP
January 03, 2012 01:56PM
FCP is not a good tool for that. Use Soundtrack Pro. Its Noise Print/Noise Reduction features are very easy to use.

www.derekmok.com
January 03, 2012 02:31PM
Thanks but if you don't do it right you can isolate tones that you want to keep in the clip right? Do you know any good tutorials? I have never used soundtrack.
January 03, 2012 02:51PM
broadband noise treatment is both an art and a science. it's easy to get rid of the noise and completely ruin your audio while you're at it. doing it right takes some excellent (and expensive) plugins and a lot of practice, not to mention a very good control monitor.

that said, if it's really just hiss (as in copied from inferior tape recordings) and your desired audio does not contain a lot of critical high frequency content, you may get away with just a moderate lopass filter type EQ.

stefan

--
macpro 2x3 ghz dual core intel, 10.6.8, FCS 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics