have you used the Nattress Standards Conversion plugin?

Posted by MitchellRose 
have you used the Nattress Standards Conversion plugin?
January 07, 2012 08:54AM
I'm curating a program of dance-films at a commercial movie theater next week. I've been collecting shorts from everywhere -- some PAL, some NTSC. The theater told me that they convert everything to their Digital Cinema system that they use for projection. I gave them a sampling of test clips and the technical director told me today that the PAL clips aren't working. Bummer. So looks like I need the Nattress Standards Conversion plugin to bring everything to NTSC.

I'm not very knowledgeable in standards converting, so could I run some scenarios by you for guidance? (I wrote to Graeme Nattress but haven't received an answer as yet, and time is of the essence.)

Graeme's tutorial has a conversion from PAL DV to NTSC DV. That's simple and the results are beautiful. Do I need to keep the codecs of the source and destination the same? Let's say that I want to end up with a Prores file. Do I merely have to create a Prores timeline and then set up the Standards Conversion plugin the same way, switching filed dominance from lower to upper?

I also have a 25fps H264 movie. It has no field dominance. So when I set it up in Standards Conversion there is still the setting to choose: SOURCE AND DESTINATION FIELD ORDER. But there are no fields. What do I do?

Thank you so much.

Mitchell Rose
[www.mitchellrose.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics