Pay-per-view, buy-to-download, buy hardcopy DVD/Blu-Ray ... on personal website??

Posted by Ben Ged Low 
Pay-per-view, buy-to-download, buy hardcopy DVD/Blu-Ray ... on personal website??
January 19, 2012 04:15PM
I just shot a series of one-hour presentations (about 20).

I did this for a group that has a website and shopping cart setup. They have been selling their hardcopy DVD's and books.

I'm wondering if there is now an existing mechanism for presenting these shows I've shot ? 'as pay-per-view / buy download / buy hardcopy' versions ? on the group's existing website?

I'm thinking particularly about the 'pay-per-view / download' versions.

I could set them up with something like CreateSpace/Amazon.com, but they already have a working shopping cart setup, and Amazon takes 45% of sales.

Ideally, what I guess I'm looking for, is a tutorial/info on how to create the various different codecs for pay-per-view, where the file disintegrates after 48 hrs. (is such a thing possible for an independent?) and the download version (just to know what codec is being used by Amazon et.al.).

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I realise this isn't a question specific to FCP, apologies, but I'm a huge fan of FCP, have used it extensively since its inception, and I notice you guys often have very interesting takes on things.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated,

Ben
Re: Pay-per-view, buy-to-download, buy hardcopy DVD/Blu-Ray ... on personal website??
January 25, 2012 06:39AM
Try this outfit- been around for a while and serve longform programs.

[klicktab.com]

They can tell you the best formats to prepare for viewer/customers, but outside of Mission: Impossible I've never seen a codec that can prepare a file to "disintegrate after 48 hours."

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Summon your Video Scopes with Option - 9 !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics