Export to h264/QT using QT Conversion

Posted by Teargas1964 
Export to h264/QT using QT Conversion
February 03, 2012 10:58AM
Hi guys, first post...Just moved from a quad-core to a newer 6-core tower w/ 64GB of ram at work a week or so ago. I'm using the same version of FCP7 and QT as my old machine, but when I try and export to an QT/h264 file using QuickTime conversion I get a general error, even w/ a 5 second clip. Most of the other formats seem to export correctly but I did just get an out of memory error when I tried to export to an Apple TV clip...

I looked around Google a bit and I found some info about the "Limit/Capture Export..." box being checked but I have that unchecked. I couldn't really find much else so I figured I'd check here to see if this maybe happened to anyone else here...Thanks, TC
Re: Export to h264/QT using QT Conversion
February 03, 2012 11:00AM
How much storage space is on the target drive?

Also, it's usually better to just export a full-quality QuickTime movie (Export - QuickTime Movie), self-contained if possible, and then use MPEG Streamclip, Compressor or another dedicated software to do the H.264 conversion.

www.derekmok.com
February 03, 2012 11:15AM
Derek, it's a 2TB drive so that probably wouldn't be the issue. I actually have Episode here at work anyways. I was just testing things on the new Mac and it seemed weird that it worked on the other machine. It still exports my DVCPRO HD 720p sequences fine but the XDCAM and ProRes sequences are choking. Just glad that I do have Compressor and Episode...

At home, I just bought the Sony VG20, so I'm learning a lot about work arounds with H.264...Especially trying to conform 1080/60p to 24p in Cinema Tools...Thanks for your help, TC
February 03, 2012 11:25AM
> it's a 2TB drive so that probably wouldn't be the issue.

It is if you've filled it with 1.98TB of data already. Overall size doesn't mean anything. In fact, the larger the drive, the worse off it is when it's overstuffed.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics