Weird Glitch on FCP 7

Posted by rogarguello 
Weird Glitch on FCP 7
February 03, 2012 10:26AM
So here's a strange one!

Been editing a twelve minute piece on FCP 7. A tutorial on changing spark plugs. Used a bunch of lower thirds for step numbers and some white highlights here and there. we did a two minute simple animation that used a few PSD files right in FCP. Everything was working great, no problems.

Then out of no were yesterday, all my sync was off by almost a second, but it did not reflect that on the clip itself. Any graphic; lower third, text, highlight that i had inserted would glitch on itself by basically repeating a few frames of itself half way through the duration of the clip.

I tried re booting the system as my thought was that maybe I had been rendering so much that maybe the computer just freaked out a bit...and nothing. I actually couldn't restart FCP after that cause it said I had no VRAM available to run the program.

then i deleted all of the render files, re booted and was able to get back into FCP. Then did a full re render of the timeline. That brought my sync back to vid/aud but the fix for the graphics is basically i take, say a three second lower third, grab one end of the clip, pull it as to shorten the length, drop it. Then resize the clip back to its original length, re render it... and now it works....

Totally scratching my head on this one...

Anyone have any idea whats going on?

Running a three month old tower with plenty of RAM and free hard drive space.

Thanks!
Re: Weird Glitch on FCP 7
February 03, 2012 10:37AM
maybe open up a previous auto-save version of the project file (if that was the final version of the animation) and export-reimport the quicktime and work with that, otherwise you could try checking your frame rate on the sequence settings and/or copy-paste the material into a new FCP project file?

Bluey,
February 03, 2012 10:49AM
Sounds like a project-file corruption. I would disconnect all media and reconnect to flush the clip-project relationships.

www.derekmok.com
February 03, 2012 10:49AM
You think that maybe the sequence got corrupt somehow?
February 03, 2012 10:51AM
Hey Derek,

I'll try that out.

Thanks
February 03, 2012 10:51AM
And thanks Bluey!
February 03, 2012 06:55PM
What is your media? H.264?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics