Wakeup from sleep

Posted by Momo 
Wakeup from sleep
February 19, 2012 02:06PM
I have a 2-monitor setup with my FCP system. Whenever I wake my computer from sleep, windows move from one monitor to the other. It's only slightly annoying, as it doesn't take long to move them back to where I had them. Has anyone else experienced this?
Re: Wakeup from sleep
February 20, 2012 02:55PM
I usually don't recommend sleep mode when working in FCP. It sometimes gets iffy during the lag when drives have to wake up from sleep, and then it beachballs and hangs.

www.strypesinpost.com
February 21, 2012 01:26AM
The easiest way to restore a layout is to set up a couple of favorite dual monitor layouts and assign them (by holding down the Option key while accessing the Windows>Arrange menu options for Custom Layout 1 and 2) to Shift - U and Option - U-- instant restoration.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Invoke the big TimeCode Viewer with Control -T !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
February 21, 2012 01:15PM
Thanks Loren. I actually do have several window layouts mapped to keyboard shortcuts, but unfortunately they don't restore the bins back to where they were.
February 21, 2012 01:17PM
It's not that I am putting the system to sleep. I should have been more clear. The display goes to sleep if I leave for an hour. I guess my solution would be to eliminate the ability to go to sleep and turn off my monitors manually before leaving for a while.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics