FCP 7 log & transfer crash

Posted by di edit 
FCP 7 log & transfer crash
February 22, 2012 07:04PM
I've noticed in the Log & Transfer window FCP 7 freezes up (spinning beach ball) when previewing a clip --if I try to scan, or jump ahead or back within the clip. Also, the J-K-L keys do not work in the L & T mode although I have read and seen videos where they say this does work. Are there settings I missed? I can work around this, but it can't be good to force quit FCP so often - not to mention the level of frustration and time wasted.

iMac 10.7.3
Using FCP-7.0.3
FCP 7.0.3
Re: FCP 7 log & transfer crash
February 22, 2012 07:06PM
Some media and volumes are more complicated than others. Longer clips tend to crash more often as well, in my experience. Are you trying to mount actual cameras or camera cards? If so, copy them to a drive folder first.

www.derekmok.com
February 22, 2012 10:19PM
The files are copied to 2 separate drives. I've noticed FCP is more sensitive and freezes now as opposed to when I first started transferring footage (now there is over 4 hours of footage). Are there settings for J-K-L keys in the log & transfer mode?

Thanks for your response.

Forgot to mention the camera is a Sony NX-CAM
February 22, 2012 10:41PM
Can't be sure, but NXCAM may not be supported in realtime. You might have to transcode to ProRes codecs.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Invoke the big TimeCode Viewer with Control -T !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics