Transfer/Format Conversion time and camera selection for multicam edits

Posted by Cris McConkey 
Transfer/Format Conversion time and camera selection for multicam edits
March 30, 2012 10:40AM
I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive additional cameas that ideally would give me a choice of 720p or 1080p, have autofocus, a tungsten preset, and preferably a manual white balance.

I may end up with a camera that only shoots 1080p. I want to minimize the time spend transferring the footage into Final Cut and converting the footage to match the format of the P2 cameras (960 x 720p, ProRes) so that I can create a multiclip for a multicam edit.

Since I may need nore than one camera, I am looking for someting preferrably less than $600.

Converting from 1080i to 720p is way too time consuming, but a lot of this may be from the de-interlacing. What is your experince importing 1080p MPEG-2, AVCHD, or HDV into FCP7?

Also, is it possible to specify a target resolution when transferring the footage into a FCP7 project?

Any suggestions, comments, recommendations?

Thanks,

Cris
Re: Transfer/Format Conversion time and camera selection for multicam edits
March 30, 2012 08:34PM
I'm not sure that $600 will get you even an iPhone... You need to spend more than that if you want a decent professional camera. You can try looking at the Sony EX3 or the Panasonic HPX 170 (which is a lot cheaper and will match the format of your P2 camera, since it pretty much shoots the same thing).

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics