Doubling the duration of the all items on the timeline

Posted by emilyelaine 
Doubling the duration of the all items on the timeline
June 12, 2012 07:35PM
Hello all,

Kind of a random question. Working in final cut 7. I need to double the duration all the clips (jpegs) on the timeline. Any quick way of doing it?

Thanks,
Emily
Re: Doubling the duration of the all items on the timeline
June 13, 2012 05:23AM
Select all, right click, choose 'duration' from the dropdown list and type the new duration into the popup box.

June 13, 2012 06:57AM
Nice one Jude. You know I have been using this program for 10 years, and every time I think I know it someone shows me there is another trick hidden somewhere inside.

Not only can you set an absolute duration that way but you can add or subtract a global amount of time to clips of different durations.
June 13, 2012 07:49AM
I know what you mean, I'm really gonna miss this software. It just had so much going for it.

June 13, 2012 02:45PM
Great tip Jude.

Is there a way to check the anamorphic box in the browser for multiple clips at once?
June 13, 2012 03:01PM
Select all the clips you want to change in the browser, right click in the anamorphic column and click "yes". Not just that, the right clicking thing also works if you want to tag multiple items in the logging columns, eg. If you want to set a bunch of clips as "broll", for example.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics