Default Audio Transition

Posted by EntityMedia 
Default Audio Transition
June 20, 2012 12:19PM
Is there a way to change the default duration of the Audio Transition in FCP? I'm do a lot of work with Motocross/Supercross races and a lot of run-and-gun style pieces. Typically there's a ton of background noise (bikes, generators, crowds, etc.) so I do a lot of 2-3 frame audio transitions from bite to bite to smooth things out. Each time I right click and add the transition, I have to take the time to change the duration from 01:00 to 2 or 3 frames.

If I can change the default time 3 frames that would save me a ton of time in the editing process. Can this be done?

Thanks!

-Chris
Re: Default Audio Transition
June 20, 2012 12:26PM
Yep. Its in the manual. smiling smiley

[documentation.apple.com]

Michael Horton
-------------------
June 20, 2012 12:28PM
Put down the audio fade on any clip in the timeline and set its duration. Then drag the fade into a bin in the Browser, and CONTROL-click to set it as the default audio transition. COMMAND-OPTION-T will now apply that specific transition.

Me, I never bother to do that. I usually just use COMMAND-OPTION-T and then CONTROL-D because I use four frames in some cases, eight frames in others. Plus a larger initial transition is easier to select.

www.derekmok.com
June 20, 2012 03:08PM
Derek's method worked perfect. I also use the CMD-OPT-T as opposed to right click.

Thanks!

-Chris
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics