Multiclip editing - How to get multiple files from one cam to connect end-to-end, in order?

Posted by Wilmosprey 
Tech: FCP7

I've used mutli-clip before but this is the first time since recording with digital cards instead of tape - and it's caused a concern.

I'm editing: 3 camera angles of a 1 hour stage performance.

2 cameras created 2 digital files for the show
1 camera created 4 digital files for the show

How do I get the files from each camera to connect to each other end-to-end so that they can become one angle of a multi-clip edit?

1 solution I anticipate reading is to put the clips from each camera in a separate sequence (Camera A, for example) and export, creating a new master clip for each camera. They they can be easily re-imported and synced. Seems like there might be a more efficient way to do this.

I don't think the files will link through the "Join through Edit" command will they? (I'm still waiting for them to convert into a usable .mov file).

Thanks,
Wilmosprey
Re: Multiclip editing - How to get multiple files from one cam to connect end-to-end, in order?
July 26, 2012 06:47PM
AFAIC that's the simplest and most effective way to deal with it. You can also then build in the offset if you're missing any media when a card changed over or someone buttoned off.

Re: Multiclip editing - How to get multiple files from one cam to connect end-to-end, in order?
July 28, 2012 08:14PM
if the clips are spaced pretty evenly, you could be ok just working with 2 multiclips.
the 4-file clips will exist as different angles, so no great drama.

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics