bug with Shure pg27 usb microphone sample rate

Posted by jimmycut 
bug with Shure pg27 usb microphone sample rate
July 17, 2012 06:03AM
impossible to set the sample rate (VO tool) to 48 kHz, the setting goes back to 44,1 kHz (default) ...

trashed prefs, restarted, not much better ...

reseller told me it's perhaps a limitation due to the processor speed or amount of RAM; but my config is 3,2 GHz quad-core MacPro & 8 Go RAM !

is it a Shure or FCP bug ? any workaround ?

thanks

by the way, this mike is perfect for voice over with FULL MONITORING (FCP tracks & talent voice)
Re: bug with Shure pg27 usb microphone sample rate
July 19, 2012 06:49PM
Strongly doubt it's your tower speed.

And the sequence you're recording to is 48K? Your Audio-Video settings are at 48? I can't think of anything that would cause it to revert, 48 is certainly supported in VO Tool if the mike is capable.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Advance to next/previous keyframes in a clip with Shift/Option-K !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
July 23, 2012 05:52AM
does your hardware even support 48K. natively, i believe, the mac supports 44.1K only. if you want a different rate, you might need an external audio interface.

stefan

--
macpro 2x3 ghz dual core intel, 10.6.8, FCS 2
July 30, 2012 12:11AM
I have used the Snowball, I'm not sure if I've used the shure or not, but 48khz was definitely a choice I used. I believe the mic operates as the audio device so if the mic is up to it, it should record 48khz 24 bit.

I'd suggest not using a hub, if I where you I'd be looking at if the mic works as desired with other systems, or software. Maybe you got a bum mic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics