PullDown in FCP (Edit to tape)

Posted by ceviau 
PullDown in FCP (Edit to tape)
July 30, 2012 03:59PM
I need to output a tape in 29.97iDF, my footage is in 23sf, i simply make a sequence in 23 and via FCP i output in 29i, this make a good pulldown but ...

If i edit my tape from 09;59;30;00 everything is perfect the first frame at 10;00;00;00 and the first frame is a pulldown sequence at frame AA
but

If i start at 09;58;30;00, adding colorbar and slate, in DF at 09;59;00;02 i have a drop, the first frame is at 10;00;00;00 but the pulldown sequence start at frame BC instead of AA.

any idea how to fix that, starting before 09;59;00;02 and having a pulldown sequence starting at frame AA ??

charles
Re: PullDown in FCP (Edit to tape)
July 31, 2012 03:04PM
Geez, I dunno,. I'm guessing set it up at 10:00 at frame AA and backtime it 1:30 and march forward into the brave new future of tapeless delivery?

Best, as always,
Loren S. Miller
July 31, 2012 03:20PM
Ive been Tapelessing for a while but HDCAM SR is still the current format for many !!

Anyone have any idea ??
July 31, 2012 04:32PM
I haven't gone to tape adding a pulldown on a Kona card. What happens if you insert the bars and tone from the ETT preferences instead of adding it on the timeline? Alternatively if all else fails, you can probably dump the episode without slate and insert the slate on a separate pass. I would wonder what happens on the first frame after the commercial breaks. Probably go segment by segment?

www.strypesinpost.com
July 31, 2012 10:04PM
The tape would have to be preblacked for separate passes of bars/slate and sequence. You can't go back and insert that stuff in assembly (crash) edit, not pretty. But if ETT doesn't deliver you can even use your classic Avid 422 control cable, with a serial-to-USB adapter), that should work.

Best, as always,
Loren S. Miller
August 01, 2012 02:24AM
Don't need to pre-black the whole tape. Just assemble and add post roll past the next in point.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics