Removal of Framing Guides that recorded onto source video

Posted by phalaja 
Removal of Framing Guides that recorded onto source video
August 01, 2012 01:50PM
Hello,

My Sony HDR FX 1000 was sent out for repair of the lens system. Sony no longer makes that required part, so my repairman used an "almost identical" lens system that should have worked. When I received the camera, the viewfinder showed new frame/focus guidelines. I thought nothing of it and shot a multi-day Indian wedding with the camera. When importing the video into FCP7, I discovered that the frame/focus lines had RECORDED ONTO THE SOURCE VIDEO. My repairman is shocked and dismayed. Sony is shocked and dismayed. I have a serious problem.

My research shows that wire removal may be an option for me. Does anyone have a suggestion on which plug-in I should use? Do I have to purchase After Effects for any plug-in to work? Any suggestions for me would be greatly appreciated.

Camera: Sony HDR FX 1000
Final Cut Pro 7
Mac Pro 8 Core Intel processor
I can send a screen shot if that would help, but it is on my desktop, not on the web. Let me know if you need any other information.

Thank you,
Paul
Re: Removal of Framing Guides that recorded onto source video
August 03, 2012 07:02PM
wire removal may be an option,
but for the entire film, i'd say would become noticeable.
it's also not that simple a thing that you can just use a plug-in in a "set & forget" way.
it would be extremely time-consuing.

on the film i am working on right now, we have some handheld wire shots with complex moving backgrounds,
the vfx house is quoting 6hrs of work to fix each 3 second shot

can you blow the footage up enough to remove the guides, or is that not an option?

or is there some simple graphic "cover-up" you could do?

yes, showing us a frame or two would help.
export some frames from FCP as jpegs, put them somewhere like photobucket, and post the link.

nick
August 03, 2012 08:08PM
Yeah, I agree that the same pixels being missing throughout the entire film is surely going to be noticeable. Can you reduce the frame size of the sequence and cut closer to remove area? Not great, but not a lot of other options that don't require the reshoot filter come to mind.

August 05, 2012 11:50PM
HI Nick,

Thank you for your help. I was busy this weekend with another wedding and I've just started trying to follow your directions, but I think I'll be able to salvage enough to get through this project. I've got my fingers crossed.

Thanks again. I'll let you know how things are working out as I fine tune your technique.

Paul
August 06, 2012 08:38AM
Paul,

we lost some posts over the weekend.
did you get the posts in your email where i talked about using the guide mask, and doing a slight size change on the "Fill" video?
i also had posted some pictures.

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics