"codec error" on export.

Posted by harry323 
"codec error" on export.
September 09, 2012 03:53PM
I am editing a long-form documentary and am getting this fun little message right at the end of a 90 minute export. "codec error". (ProRes 422 24p. FCP 6.0.6.)

So I have isolated the 15 minute section where the trouble seems to be and suspect that I may have mistakenly used a non-transcoded shot in there somewhere.

In the past, I have been forced to go through every shot to do "reveal in finder" which is very time consuming.

If you know a way of creating a list or EDL which would tell me the folder in which each shot is stored and what each codec is, I would come round and clean your garage for the next 5 years. I have the Digital Rebellion collection of applications which will find corrupt QT shots in general, but that's not enough. I need to know the video file TYPE of each shot in this segment in order to perform this surgery.

Advice? Hate mail? Offers of marriage?

Hugs,

Harry.
Re: "codec error" on export.
September 09, 2012 04:07PM
There's a simpler method. Create a temporary bin in the Browser, then drag every video clip from the timeline into that bin. Now click on the "Compressor" column in the Browser to organize by codec type, and the odd clips will pop right out at you.

www.derekmok.com
Re: "codec error" on export.
September 09, 2012 04:32PM
Derek, Thank you. I will follow your advice. You are a wonder in space and time. Only you would have the answer to such an arcane question.

Best wishes,

Harry.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics