G-Raid Death?

Posted by N.Shams 
G-Raid Death?
September 08, 2012 02:33PM
So I have some very important data on a G-Raid that has suddenly decided to stop working after I got it back from a color facility (hmmm). More importantly at this moment, I just want to recover my data. Anyone know of any trustworthy data recovery locations around LA?

Also, When i plug it in it lights up and there is some whirring, but I noticed the fan on the bottom isn't spinning any longer. At one point i got a flashing red light, now it just plugs in but won't mount onto the computer. Could this be related at all to power supply? Would it be worth a shot to try to take off the casing and ports and plug it in by itself to see if I can retrieve data or would it be best to not attemp that?
Re: G-Raid Death?
September 09, 2012 03:35PM
[www.briancometa.com]

$300 per drive. If he can't recover it you do not pay. I have used them once. Very good. Mine was a G-Raid drive too. You should take a fresh or reliable drive along for him to transfer to (or he will sell you one).

Do NOT attempt this yourself ... please.

Best

Harry
Re: G-Raid Death?
September 10, 2012 06:06PM
Nice tip, Harry!

It sounds like a bad power supply or connection-- I'm encountering something like it with an Other World Computing Mercury Elite. Sporadic startup, die-down, startup. Fortunately a backup drive, but OWC? I thought they were reliable.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Advance to next/previous keyframes in a clip with Shift/Option-K !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide™ Power Pack
with FCP7 KeyGuide --
now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics