close multi gaps with FC 6.0.5

Posted by underwatercare 
close multi gaps with FC 6.0.5
November 04, 2012 08:46PM
Hello dear everyone,
I got a big question to ask all of you. I do underwater video and I use camera editing solution.
So my cut is quit easy. I put all my clips on the time line, I shorten beginning and ending of the clips for link each clip with cross dissolve transitions.
And here I am with my problem: I tried few times to select all clips and close gaps in one action, but doesn't work!
So, I must close each of an average of 200 gap clips one by one, then put with the same boring system cross dissolve transitions.
Does anyone please give me any kind of help to understand if there's any solution to avoid these repetitive actions and do this just in one?
Thank you so much.
Marco
Re: close multi gaps with FC 6.0.5
November 04, 2012 10:51PM
To close the gaps put a slug (or anything really) at the end of the timeline on V2. Then select the gap between the start of the timeline and the clip on v2. Then press delete over and over. This will close the gaps one after another without you having to reselect the gaps.

To add multiple cross dissolves in FCP 7, just select all the clips on the timeline, then go to Effects > Transitions > and choose the transition you want. This should add the transition to the cut between every selected clip.

November 04, 2012 10:55PM
Oh, sorry, you're on FCP6. In this case, put your playhead at the start of the timeline, then select all the slips and drag them to the canvas. A popup will appear. Drop all the clips on to the one that says 'Add to timeline with transition' or something similar. This should add your default transition to every clip.

November 05, 2012 12:14AM
but there's a better way for your NEXT edit.

learn to use IN & OUT markers to define the parts of the clips you don't want,
than use SHIFT + DELETE to remove those unwanted section ADN remove the gaps at the same time.

OR

if you are using the blade tool to cut the unwanted parts (why do so many people do this? in & out points are so much more controllable)
as i say, if you are using teh blade tool, then select the unwanted part and SHIFT DELETE rather than just DELETE

OR

if you are just grabbing the ends of the edits and dragging them to a preferred point,
first grab the RIPPLE tool, then drag your edit points
this will bring all the following video with it, leaving no gaps.

me, i prefer using IN & OUT.

nick
November 05, 2012 05:21AM
Hello dear All,
thank you so much for your kind & immediate answers, really appreciate.
Actually I'll try all your suggestions for my edit better way.
Thank you so much.
Marco
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics