Log and Transfer question

Posted by UWmopic 
Log and Transfer question
November 29, 2012 06:16PM
I am fairly new to tapeless video and shoot with a Sony NEX-5N and NEX-VG 20. I'm on OS 10.6.8 using FCP 7.0. My projects are saved on a 1.5 TB external hard drive which has about 1 TB available.

Genereally speaking the Log and Transfer function works quite well, but on only my most recent project I've encountered media going offline for no apparent reason. This has happened when I shut down and later started up my computer. With tape, I could go to the capture scratch and reconnect missing media, but I can't find where, or if, transferred clips a kept in a scratch folder.

As a fix, I went back and re-transferred the clips, and I've started logging them with enough information that I can go back to the exact frames if I need to that again. But if the clips are floating around in my computer somewhere it would make life easier to know where.

Thanks for any help.
Re: Log and Transfer question
November 29, 2012 11:53PM
Log and Transfer will transcode to the location set as your capture scratch, just like log and transfer. I'm guessing the files may have gone offline due to illegal characters in the file name (eg. # signs).

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics