Importing HDV footage from a Sony Z1U into FCP 7

Posted by flickermaker 
Importing HDV footage from a Sony Z1U into FCP 7
December 07, 2012 08:57PM
Im trying to get some HDV footage from a Sony Z1U into FCP 7. Might I ask? Can anyone tell me what settings I need to capture the footage on 7?

Current Problem--

The "Log and Capture" window is open and when I try to import footage - The time-code rolls, but the screen is black and you cannot hear audio. Eventually the camera stops itself - with a dialogue window that states - there is no input from the camera.

This is the second camera I have tried. The frist was the Canon XHA1.

The client wanted to use HDV and their cameras. So I did. I am just not used to using this format anymore.

Of course, deadline is looming. All I need to do is import the foorage and make Quicktime movies for the client. This shouldn't be this hard.

Any help on settings (or other advice) needed to import footage with either camera would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Importing HDV footage from a Sony Z1U into FCP 7
December 08, 2012 08:13AM
Check out our FAQ here

[www.lafcpug.org]

I just noticed that the front page link to this is broken, so this is the direct link to the HD Formats section.

December 08, 2012 09:21AM
Hi--

I am new to this.

May I ask?

How do I post this question in the correct forum?

Thank you.
December 08, 2012 08:51PM
This is the correct forum. We answer that question a lot in here, which is why we have a FAQ to help people get it solved. Did the suggestions not work?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics