OT-This is appalling!

Posted by Momo 
OT-This is appalling!
February 13, 2013 02:58AM
I think everyone should be aware of this:

Theft in the FCP world

I know people are innocent until proven guilty, but there seems to be an overwhelming amount of evidence against Pixel Film Studios.

Here is the link from MotionVFX, whose intellectual property copyrights are at stake:

How to make money on violating copyrights
Re: This is appalling!
February 13, 2013 03:07AM
Really not the forum to post this but Szymon makes a compelling case. I Hope it gets resolved for everyones sake.

Michael Horton
-------------------
February 13, 2013 07:42AM
Sorry Michael. I should have put OT in front of it!
February 13, 2013 10:42AM
"How to make money on violating copyrights" that article is astounding.

Humanity and the love of money has just reached a new low. Disgusting.
February 13, 2013 10:56AM
i've seen some **** in my time but this takes the biscuit lock stock and barrel !!! even in the email exchange featured in that article the 'competing' company owner openly mocks S's claim to the effect of "i look forward to making more great plugins together"

my heads just exploded. possibly one of the most absurd things i'e ever seen or heard of in my entire life.
Re: OT-This is appalling!
February 18, 2013 02:11PM
And PFS blames it on a "young employee". Wow.
February 19, 2013 06:24AM
well it worked for the banks didn't it? smiling smiley
February 19, 2013 06:30AM
qeditor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And PFS blames it on a "young employee". Wow.

http://www.motionvfx.com/mblog/how_to_make_money_on_violating_copyrights,p2217.html
Regards Austin's damage limitation story/get out of jail free card - that it was a rouge employee who used the files, who is now fired from the company - isn't that a bit ludicrous? It been proved that the original files were bought by (?) Austin and his wife (on record) or do lowly 'new employees' have access to the company directors credit cards in their studio? (highly unlikely)

A- It's quite clear the files were bought by management

B- would anyone really believe Austin would have such a loose hold on his product, staff, company, that the out-right duplication and inclusion of another companies product in their own, an exact file-copy, would go un noticed prior signing the product off for sale?

why on earth would an employee have been given a purchased version of your effect clips? this is the crux of the story right? It doesn't even make sense. Even IF Austin wanted his staff to create something similar surely one would point said employee to your online promo video (?) and not go to the trouble and expense of PURCHASING A FULL SET

just scum. complete scum.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics