*** SOLVED*** THANKS!! FCP7 Suddenly Stuttering Video

Posted by JML 
JML
*** SOLVED*** THANKS!! FCP7 Suddenly Stuttering Video
April 04, 2013 11:45PM
*** I discovered that SPOTLIGHT was indexing my drive, and killing its performance. I turned Spotlight off, and now it runs fine. A good lesson!! ***

Hello oh gracious, generous LAFCPUG!

I am running FCP7 (Studio 3) on Mountain Lion, 12-core Intel Mac, and I am having sudden, unmotivated problems.

I recently changed out my ProAvio Edit Box (ESATA) for a brand new GSPEEDQ, and while I was copying media bit by bit over several days I was successfully cutting on the GSPEEDQ in between media transfers via FW800. So I know it works.

This morning I finished all my data transfer, unplugged the Edit Box, and immediately all my video is playing back stuttery, and freezing from dropping frames. This was a project that had previously been playing just fine, and now is dropping frames.

I tried plugging the Edit Box back in - and projects that yesterday ran fine on the same drive and the same bus - the same problem. Also tried running the GSPEEDQ on FW800 again, where it had worked just fine yesterday. Same thing.

"Something is stuck in it's craw", I say, so I dump preferences. No dice.

"Now I get to re-install FCP all over again!", I say - - and still, after a giant waste of time - - same problem.

Of course, all my other projects play back in the same way as well. They worked fine yesterday, now they don't.

Thankfully I'm not on a deadline, but I'm stuck. And irritated.

The footage plays just fine if I open it in Quicktime - but the same clip plays back with dropped frames playing through FCP.

The only suspicious thing that I see is that I have Menu Meters installed, and since yesterday one of the processors, randomly, is totally pegged out when there are no programs opened. Also, when I try and dismount the GSPEEDQ, it says that it is in use by another application, even when everything is closed.

Anyone have any ideas here?

Solutions will be rewarded with generous compliments!!!

ex. "Wow! What a nice tie!"

Thank you!!

Josh
Re: *** SOLVED*** THANKS!! FCP7 Suddenly Stuttering Video
April 05, 2013 03:51AM
Oh, sadly we've suspected that for a long time, but no-one managed to connect the symptoms to your issue. It's in the FAQ, but I think the FAQ has gone a bit busted lately - and NAB time is not a good time to get stuff fixed. Thanks for posting the solution.

Re: *** SOLVED*** THANKS!! FCP7 Suddenly Stuttering Video
April 05, 2013 10:34AM
FAQ is busted and I've not a clue how to fix it. Some sort of database problem.

Michael Horton
-------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics