Problems as a result of upgrade to Mountain Lion OS on my MacPro

Posted by Pablo 
Problems as a result of upgrade to Mountain Lion OS on my MacPro
May 07, 2013 01:02PM
After upgrading the OS on my Apple MacPro Quad Core Intel Xeon mid 2008, my FCP6 crashes when starting up. Is the software incompatible with the OS?
Re: Problems as a result of upgrade to Mountain Lion OS on my MacPro
May 08, 2013 03:49PM
After upgrading to Mountain Lion 10.8.3 on my MacPro Quad Core Intel Xeon mid 2008, my FCP 6.0.6 crashes when starting up. ¿Is FCP 6 incompatible with Mountain Lion?
May 09, 2013 02:37PM
First, repair disk permissions and trash the FCP preference files. You can use Preference Manager for that.

[www.digitalrebellion.com]

FCP6 is not officially supported from Lion, from what I remember. FCP7 is the version that is supported from Lion. FCP6 does not install on Lion because it isn't supported, also because some parts ran on older code. I remember specifically the install module was still in old code, which required Rosetta to run. Rosetta was an invisible app running in the background to run applications from the old PPC days. Rosetta was dead in Lion, but there was a workaround to install it. But FCP6 is not an application I would suggest running in ML. Stick to Snow Leopard if you must. If you want to run Mountain Lion, you can get an FCP7 upgrade, but it's pointless because FCP7 is dead software and is also no longer supported. FCP7 works pretty okay in ML, but who knows which future cat will kill it.

www.strypesinpost.com
May 13, 2013 11:08AM
Thank you strypes, very informative.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics