FCP 7 SHARE DVD feature won't "Burn Again"

Posted by philsfilm 
FCP 7 SHARE DVD feature won't "Burn Again"
January 26, 2013 02:52PM
Hi,

When using the SHARE Export feature to make DVDs, I'm able to create the first DVD perfectly. However, when I go to "Burn Again", it gets to the 99% Finishing part and then gets no farther. This costs me a DVD. I can make a Disk Image to make more DVDs but I shouldn't have to do this.
This has happened to me twice and it's getting expensive. I can't very well bill the client for the lost DVD. I've trashed the FCP preferences and it works for a while and then the problem resurfaces again.

Have you heard of this? Any suggestions?

-Phil
Re: FCP 7 SHARE DVD feature won't "Burn Again"
January 26, 2013 03:15PM
Just export a movie file and use DVD Studio Pro.

www.derekmok.com
January 31, 2013 06:42AM
how full is your internal HD?

the SHARE files get put in there, and i suspect that some invisible file the same size may also be created prior to the actual writing to disk.

you could track down the relevant files (m2v and ac3), and use them in DVDSP.

can i ask how expensive the DVDs are?
the last ones i bought were about 50c each.

nick
January 31, 2013 07:01AM
Nick,

It's a TB and only 76 GB have been used so approx. 922 GB are available. When using SHARE, I send the m2v and ac3 files to an external drive and then trash them after I make a Disk Image to burn additional DVDs from. Are you saying there additional (invisible?) files hiding on my internal HD? It seems that most people I've encountered on these forums don't use SHARE. I've found it to be a great time saver in the way it calculates bit rates and does handles the compression for me while I do other stuff. However, it seems that it has some bugs that Apple isn't interested in addressing since it's moved on to FCPX.
I buy the DVDs in bulk, so yeah, about 50c but I still don't like to waste them.

Phil
February 10, 2013 03:01PM
hi Phil.

sorry for late reply.
i am one of those people who don't use SHARE often. (so don't have a good answer for you)

i have used it to make Blu-Rays
which is a bit more heart-breaking when they fail, as they take so-o-o long to make.

i am assuming you don't trash the m4v & aac files before you go for another burn?

nick
February 10, 2013 04:49PM
Nick,,

SHARE is always good for the initial burn. It seems to fail on the second or third. So what I do is make a Disk Image from the first DVD, which I would be doing anyway for future burns.
So no need to save the m4v & aac files.

Phil
November 09, 2013 09:14AM
Hi, i'd like to know how we can do a "burn again" once we have closed FCPX, when i open the soft again it wants to encodes the files again , and not burn directly !?

Thanks best regards
November 09, 2013 11:18AM
I work in FCP 7 so I can't help you with FCP X. Sorry.
November 09, 2013 12:48PM
ok thank you .

John.
November 10, 2013 09:36PM
I'm amazed to hear Share works the first time! lol

Like Derek said, DVD Studio Pro, or, if you have it available and it runs under your OS, simple discs are easily made with iDVD (part of the 2010 and earlier iLife package). Vastly underrated for quick review-approval discs, with nice precanned themes for 4:3 and 16:9, or import your own backgorund for the menu. I've used it for large screen presentation too. Surprisingly good product! Burns as many as you want without issue. Can make disc images after the first encode as well.

- Loren

Today's FCP keytip:
Set a motion effect keyframe instantly with Control-K!

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide™ Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics