Canon mark iii Raw footage workflow.

Posted by baxtorlee 
Canon mark iii Raw footage workflow.
February 17, 2014 12:07AM
Can someone please help me with the fastest workflow for RAW file (not h.264) footage created from MAGIC LANTERN coming out of the canon 5 mark iii PLEEEEAAASSSEEEE!!

12 core mac pro
FCP 7
28gigs of ram
Re: Canon mark iii Raw footage workflow.
February 17, 2014 12:13AM
Use Compressor to convert the footage to ProRes 422. Either that or MPEG STREAMCLIP...but Compressor is easier with drag and drop settings.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
February 17, 2014 12:28AM
Hey Shane

How do you drop a RAW file into compresor. It won't take it. The file is RAW movie from MAGIC LATERN on the 5d mark 3
February 17, 2014 12:44AM
Oh, RAW raw. Not the "raw camera file" the camera produces...H.264. But "RAW!"

Sorry, no clue.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
February 17, 2014 08:31AM
Watch 5:45 to 11:00 in vimeo.com/73771825. Hacks are for hackers.

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Germany
February 17, 2014 12:26PM
Thanks Dennis. This is first time editing this format. I didn t know my client went this route and was astonished with the tedious workflow when I researched it. FML !! Lol
February 17, 2014 08:15PM
I'm not at all familiar with this camera, but I did read that Premiere CC was including it as native (Cinema DNG) last october :

"Responding to rapid changes in the industry with the move to Ultra High Definition 4K formats and beyond, Premiere Pro’s outstanding native media support has been given a major boost this release. New native file format support for Cinema DNG, Sony RAW, Phantom Cine, improved MJPG from Canon 1DC, Sony XAVC Long GOP, Panasonic AVC Ultra (Long GOP), 64 bit ProRes decoding (Mac OS X 10.8 or higher only), and support for exporting XAVC up to 4K and AVCi200 is included, and Cinema DNG can be debayered on a supported GPU for even better performance."

[blogs.adobe.com]

If you were really stuck you could download a free CC trial and export your clips into something you could work with better in FCP. I say this because I know that Resolve is awesome, but complicated to get started on, and last time we installed it, it auto-updated all our blackmagic drivers and destroyed our live 24/7 output, taking us a few hours to repair.

March 17, 2014 08:25AM
Hello

This is what you need
[www.fcp.co]

Derek
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics