Problems installing FCP

Posted by gpsking 
Problems installing FCP
June 04, 2014 06:00PM
Hi Folks,

I have been running FCP 6 on a Mac Pro with 8 GB RAM, 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon processor, O/S is 10.6.8. All software is up to date. I am a producer working on a documentary feature and others working on the project all use FCP 7 so I decided to upgrade.

I removed FCP 6 using Digital Rebellion's FCS Remover (retaining the files recommended if you intend to re-install) and attempted to load FCP 7. It took the main install disk fine, requested the first audio disk as well and appeared to load that, then requested the main install disk again. At this stage, a message came onscreen saying 'Install Failed' and suggesting I contact the software manufacturer (a grim effort at humor on Apple's part.)

I then tried to re-install FCP 6, and went through exactly the same sequence as with FCP 7, ending with the 'Failed to Install' message. So now I have no editing capacity and a bunch of grant deadlines approaching. Any ideas you'all?

George King, Atlanta, GA
Re: Problems installing FCP
June 04, 2014 06:10PM
Is your copy of FCP7 legit? It hasn't been available for purchase since 2011.

www.derekmok.com
June 04, 2014 06:14PM
All the FCP software I have is US factory legit, with passwords. I reinstalled FCP 6 about 8 months ago using the same disks.
June 04, 2014 08:09PM
"...retaining the files recommended if you intend to re-install" sounds like your false step. You're not re-installing FCP6 (FCS2), but trying to fresh-install FCP7 (FCS3).

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Germany
June 11, 2014 10:57AM
Thanks Dennis, that might have done the trick--was able to get it up and running!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics