Compressor Deinterlace Blues

Posted by A.Bejar 
Compressor Deinterlace Blues
May 02, 2015 03:39PM
I have an older project I'm trying to convert for Vimeo VOD. It's on FC6 and it's SD. I used Compressor to make an MP4 file, about 10gbs, and it worked. However, I did not deinterlace so it doesn't look good. I've tried to make a new file checking Compressor's deinterlace box in Frame Controls and it has crashed a few times after about 24 to 36 hours of running. Then, I tried using Quicktime Conversion and checking the "none" option in the sequence settings for frame dominance. The first attemped also crashed after about 24 hours. I'm trying again after rendering everything before using Quicktime Converstion to see if that helps. Maybe it's a memory issue. The movie is long, 105 mintues. I'm using an older G5 with 10.6, I think, and running Leopard and Compressor 3.0.5. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Alfredo
Re: Compressor Deinterlace Blues
May 02, 2015 05:50PM
2 suggestions.

1: the quick fix
One your file in quicktikmeplayer
Open... can't remember the window's name but command j will open it
Select video track , Visual settings, and there's a check box or two for instant de-interlacing.

2: slower
Export your file, bring it back into FCP
Apply a de-interlace filter, and render.
Rendering in fcp should be safer as you don't need to do the whole film in one go,
You can stop and start, although I've never found I needed to.

3: slower and better
Use the Graeme Nattress smart de-interlace
This 3rd party plug in will give you the best de-interlaceing possible in FCP

4: compressor settings
Are the frame controls set to best?
That will take forever (and i've heard can also leave you with unwanted artefacts)
Sert them to better

Nick
May 02, 2015 10:24PM
Thank, Nick.

I've tried the quick fix on Quicktime before but from what I remember, when you save it, it changes the file from mpg4 to mov and I want to keep the file as the original mpg4.

I haven't tried the Final Cut filter cause from research I've done people say it's not that good. I think changing the field dominance to "none" which is what I was going to do, is the same as using the FCP filter.

I have tried both compressor settings, Best and Better. Best was up to 100 plus hours. Better was still a lot of hours, 70, I think. But it crashes anyway.

Looks like the Graemme Natress is my best bet. Will try that.

thanks,

Alfredo
May 03, 2015 06:31AM
Another approach would be to not make a deintelaced MP4 in one go,
But to mKe a deinterlaced prores frosttgen strike your compressed version from that

Nock
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics