"this computer will soon stop receiving google chrome updates because" RE: FCP7

Posted by Wanted Man 
"this computer will soon stop receiving google chrome updates because" RE: FCP7
February 17, 2016 10:11AM
Hi folks, long time no post but hoping one of you guys may be able to enlighten me here . .

Opening up my chrome browser on my macbook pro (10.8.2 OS) it's now notifying "this computer will soon stop receiving google chrome updates" for certain OS versions.

I still primarily use my FCP7.0 and am wondering if I do upgrade my OS if it will stop me from using my beloved and much relied upon FCP7, does anyone have an idea what mac OS is the last version FCP7 will work with?

In addition I do use gmail on several accounts, and am not sure how this change (apparently happening in April) will effect my gmail (they say security updates etc) but as long as my gmail still works i'm not really that bothered.

I hope this question makes sense and would welcome any/all response

thanks guys

WM

PS: My FCP7 is currently working perfectly on my current OS.
Re: "this computer will soon stop receiving google chrome updates because" RE: FCP7
February 17, 2016 08:53PM
Wanted Man
10.8.2 OS ... My FCP7 is currently working perfectly on my current OS.
I don't find FCP7 to work perfectly on any OS after Lion. This is detailed in my last two posts in a recent strand: [www.lafcpug.org]
Does Wanted Man's 10.8.2 system not show the playback defect in the FCP canvas with 1920x1080 50p ProRes422 clips?

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Gemany
Re: "this computer will soon stop receiving google chrome updates because" RE: FCP7
February 18, 2016 12:50AM
well I've been using FCP7 for some time on OSX 10.10, Yosemite.

it working for me, but with some minor bugs,
the most annoying being that the colour picker doesn't work as it used to, and colour matching now has to be done manually.
if you don't do a lot of colour grading it won't bother you.

gradually it'll work less and less well.
what's the minimum OS you need for Chrome to work the way you want it to?

on another note: FCP 7.0?
that's pretty buggy in itself.
i'd advise you to do a software update and take to to 7.03.

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics