Mavericks vs. Snow Leopard

Posted by stefangs 
Mavericks vs. Snow Leopard
September 20, 2017 05:59AM
A real dinosaur question perhaps, but I have created a partition with Mavericks on my late 2011 Macbook Pro. I have a project on the SL partition where the render bar shows orange for the clips with plugins, but playback is smooth.

I have now booted into Mavericks and opened the same project. All the orange sections are now red and won't play. Is Mavericks slowing down FCP or should I copy all the data files to the Mavericks partition also? Will that make a difference?

Thanks,
Stefan

--
macpro 2x3 ghz dual core intel, 10.6.8, FCS 2
Re: Mavericks vs. Snow Leopard
September 21, 2017 12:33AM
its just that you're yet to set FCP preferences in this new launch.

in your timeline, click on the RT menu top left,
and choose "Unlimited"

also go to your System Preferences (Shift Q), Playback Control tab, and choose Unlimited there as well.

might as well check your other preferences, too, like levels of undo, time for autosave, renders etc, etc

cheers,
nick
September 21, 2017 09:35PM
Stefan, A good way to assure that FCP7 in one system is set exactly up the same as FCP7 in another system -- the requirement when making comparisons -- is to use Preference Manager from Digital Rebellion. Download version 4.3.2 for Snow Leopard. Backup the FCP7 preferences in Snow Leopard, with a name you can recognize. Open Mavericks and Restore from those FCP7 preferences.

Note: Preference Manager 4.3.2 identifies FCP7 with "Final Cut Studio".

Dennis Couzin
Berlin, Germany
September 22, 2017 02:43PM
Thanks Nick, that was it. Now I even recall having set that on the older partition, but it was just so many moons ago!

Stefan

--
macpro 2x3 ghz dual core intel, 10.6.8, FCS 2
September 24, 2017 06:48PM
yeah, there a lot of settings to remember smiling smiley

if you do use a preference manager, or back up your prefs manually,
then i reckon its best to trash them first, then re-set them all.
one of the problems with preferences is they get corrupt over time, so backing up non-fresh ones seems problematic to me.

could be just me of course.

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics