Live Type Roll Problems

Posted by Barry 
Live Type Roll Problems
August 22, 2006 12:52PM
Hi All, I'm trying to do a simple credit roll (directed by, editor....) and I can't get no cooperation from LT. I have typed in the whole roll and applied the "Scroll Up" effect. I dragged the text line to about 2 minutes in length. When I apply the effect the text goes by really fast and stops well short of the end of the credits. So I dragged the effect out to 2 minutes in length also. The text rolls at the right speed, but the text doesn't start for like 30 seconds and stops well short of the end of credits. Now I have done rolls successfully before just not this long. Not that the roll is that long. I am missing something... just can't figure out what. Any ideas out there? Thanx Barry

PS Did I mention that I am on a "drop-dead" time crunch?

G4 Quicksilver, dual 1gig, 1gig ram
Re: Live Type Roll Problems
August 22, 2006 07:00PM
Did you remember to extend the In and Out points to match the new longer length of the scroll?

www.derekmok.com
August 23, 2006 01:58PM
Thanx for responing Derek, Yes I did set the in and out points. Another thing that's really weird is that in preview or when I position the playhead near the end of the TL it shows that it runs the whole roll. Very perplexed Barry
August 23, 2006 02:20PM
For crawls I found LT to be a plain hassle and occasionally dangerous to my background media. It's my bias and I fully admit I haven't thoroughly examined LT 2 in Studio.

But try Boris Title Crawl for a decent crawl and good control over text you can actually see while editing. There's a reason why it's still included with FCP. In fact, for crawls (sorry, for video-raised folks: "rolls"winking smiley I simply cut and paste a Word file into the Crawl editor and tweak from there.

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Preview effects sections with Option-P or Option-Backslash!

The FCP 5 KeyGuide?: a professional placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central:
www.neotrondesign.com
August 23, 2006 03:16PM
this is yet another reason that i feel no professional editor is complete without adobe after effects and illustrator in his tool box
August 24, 2006 11:23AM
Hi All, Thanx for your responses. Just to add to the weirdness of all of this, I accidently loaded the afore mentioned LT movie into FCP and found it does in fact roll the whole credit roll. This is the same .mov file that stops midway thru while in LT. ??????? Oh well, I got it to work in time for my little production and guess I will continue my search for an answer after I get some other stuff out of the way.

BTW: It is good to know that all you experts are out there and willing to help. I thank you all. Barry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics