VTR Mode
October 28, 2002 03:44PM
Can someone please tell me how to set up it in VTR Mode.

Thanks,
I'm only a high school student trying to learn the program.
Zack
Re: VTR Mode
October 28, 2002 05:32PM
That's the mode your camera needs to be in if your hooking up your camera to your Mac via FW and are going to capture your media from your camera.

I don't know what camera you have but the VTR (or VCR) mode is what you use to playback your movie. So assuming that you have plugged your camera into your TV and hit play to see what you shot, you had to be in VTR mode to do that.

mike
October 28, 2002 05:49PM
Most consumer cameras have three ways to be on. Camera mode, still picture capture mode, and VTR mode for playback of tape or stills.

Camera on and in VTR mode, hooked to firewire BEFORE you open FCP.

That sequence is important. Otherwise . . . no "settings" on the camera to mess with.

The settings in capture mode in FCP are explained in the manual fairly well. For simplicity . . . when coming in from a DV camera, the FCP capture preset for firewire with 48 k audio at super white levels at 29.9xx frames per second is what you want.

Hope this clears thig up some.

Ian
October 28, 2002 06:09PM
Also Zack, one of the hardest parts in learning this program is getting past all the jargon. The rest is easy compared to some of the terms. There is a glossary of terms over at Apple's K-base and also in teh manual

[docs.info.apple.com]

Also do a Google Search for Glossary of Video Editing terms. There is a bunch out there.

mike
October 28, 2002 11:16PM
Hey Zack,

Don't get discouraged by all that jargon. Just change VTR(old school) to VCR.
When you hook your camera via firewire or common RCA cables(speaker plug in), it becomes a video tape recorder (VTR), the same thing as a Video cassette recorder (VCR).
You use your camera to play back what you shot to load video onto your computer. And to record what you edited in FCP.
You'll be prompted by FCP to start recording.
Good luck!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics