Music and ADR on FW Drive. Problems?

Posted by JoeE 
Music and ADR on FW Drive. Problems?
October 24, 2006 11:28AM
I have a feature with the music and adr in my itunes library (aiffs) on an external FW drive. Occasionally I get some weird things with these tracks once they are cut into a timeline and that timeline is rendered and mixed down. What happens is that the rendered version of a song or adr is out of sync, but if I dump the render files and re-render, the pieces return to their original sync. It's like it renders it incorrectly the first time. Could this be because I'm importing the items into my project from the itunes folders which live on a FW drive?
Re: Music and ADR on FW Drive. Problems?
October 25, 2006 01:41PM
Never heard of this. Not sure of the answer but it IS best to export out of itunes and throw the aif on your scratch disk and import. Try it and tell us if it makes a difference. Trash your preferences too.

Michael Horton
-------------------
Re: Music and ADR on FW Drive. Problems?
October 25, 2006 02:11PM
And turn off all of iTunes' idiotic "Keep iTunes Library organized", "Copy to iTunes Music folder", "Create Track Names with Track Number" options as well. Any option that mucks with your file names and locations automatically should be ixnayed for editing purposes.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics