HELP! HDV capture problems...

Posted by Scott Erickson 
HELP! HDV capture problems...
October 28, 2006 03:56PM
OK, rented an JVD HD-100 for the weekend to test it out as a possible future camera, problem is that is giving me serious capture problems...

I used a brand new Panasonic MQ tapes to avoid this issue but im still getting dropped frames which is killing my interviews as its cutting out parts i need. Problem is that my usual route for getting around bad parts on a tape is going to uncontrollable device and using capture now. However, to capture HDV in FCP, you must use the HDV Firewire settings, hence timecode and dropped frames.

So this is a rental, i need to get this solved pronto but not sure on how to proceed. Final delivery is SD anyway so i can downconvert but the JVC's can't do this in-camera. The only other HD equipment i have access to is Sony's HDV but thats 1080i, not 720p.

OK, thats where i am at, i have no idea what to do next, any and all suggestions are appreciated...
Re: HELP! HDV capture problems...
October 28, 2006 07:55PM
hook up the camera to your g5 ... fcp5, firewire.
turn the camera on.
in fcp5 go to a/v settings and choose easy set up.
then do a save as project and open up click and capture.
it should say "vtr ok".
click on the > arrow in the fcp capture window and do CAPTURE NOW.

Hope it works.
Re: HELP! HDV capture problems...
October 29, 2006 12:23PM
OK well that worked, although not quite sure how, fcp was giving me messages that to capture HDV it must be in HDV Firewire device control and that was giving me 20clips for 20 mins of footage with all the drop frames.

anyway, i guess sometimes going back to basics and letting FCP take over works...thanks...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics