LiveType Exports with black background

Posted by lhdor12 
LiveType Exports with black background
November 01, 2006 07:14AM
Hello,
Whenever I export anything I create from LiveType to FCP or Motion a black background goes with the text covering any graphics I have in Motion etc. I just want only the text to export.
I make sure that render background is not selected. The background is not even black in the the LiveType program. It's the gray checkerboard look.
I have FCP HD and Mac OS X. I also checked FAQ and did not see the answer there.
What am I doing wrong?
Thank you in advance
Re: LiveType Exports with black background
November 01, 2006 07:25AM
How are you exporting from these applications? Or more to the point, why are you exporting? Why aren't you just importing the project file into FCP.
November 01, 2006 07:40AM
Well that's the other problem. I tried to Import but the file can't even be selected. I tried to drag LiveType into Motion put it just won't Import
November 01, 2006 07:48AM
Full specs on your system and all version numbers would be useful at this stage. You may need to reinstall some of the applications.
November 01, 2006 08:33AM
MAC OS X G5, Version 10.4.8, Processor 4 X 2.5 GHz, Power PC G5, Memory 2GB DDR2. 5DRAM, MAC HD
LiveType 2.0.2
Motion 2.0.2
FCP 5.0.4
November 01, 2006 09:42AM
What would you recommend?
November 01, 2006 10:28AM
You say:
I tried to Import but the file can't even be selected
Did you render the project. Just making a page and saving it doesn't complete the process. Those files will be ghosted when you try to import them. You have to render the files into .mov's, then you can import them. Barry
November 01, 2006 10:30AM
Hi There

Make sure you have render background un-checked in both the render settings and project properties.
Derek
November 01, 2006 10:51AM
Yep, I made sure the render background was un-checked. I tried rending into a .mov and I tried redering it as a frame. By doing this I can select the item to import it but I get the black background with it.
It's the weirdest thing. I just don't understand it.
November 01, 2006 11:48AM
You'll probably have to uninstall and reinstall LiveType and Motion.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics