CHINESE FONTS IN TEXT TITLER

Posted by stefano 
CHINESE FONTS IN TEXT TITLER
November 21, 2006 10:54AM
Hello
I am using FCP 5.04
I need to create some subtitles in chinese fonts.
Does anybody know how to do that?
Do I have to download a plug in?

If anybody has had experience with this or knows,
please help!
Thanks!
Stefano
Re: CHINESE FONTS IN TEXT TITLER
November 21, 2006 11:04AM
> I need to create some subtitles in chinese fonts.
> Does anybody know how to do that?
> Do I have to download a plug in?

You'll need to have the Chinese fonts installed (I think LiHei Pro and LiSong come with OSX), and you will also need to have those International options turned on. Chinese typing in FCP is a major pain in the ass since the typing methods interfere with most of FCP's editing shortcuts, so I suggest you do the typing in MS Word or any other text application first, then copy and paste them over. Also, whenever I try to paste Chinese sections from Word into FCP5's Title 3D, it comes out as code (even if I preset Title 3D to the Chinese font in question). I've had to paste the text into a Photoshop document first (?) and then re-copy and paste into Title 3D.

www.derekmok.com
November 21, 2006 11:29AM
Thank you very much!

I fount the fonts installed, but when I type they coem out in our alphabet not in chinese graphics.
What do you mean "Those"interantional options turned on?

sorry to bug,
but we're going nuts here!
Ciao,
Stefano
November 21, 2006 11:43AM
> when I type they coem out in our alphabet not in chinese graphics.

I'm assuming you know a method of Chinese typing? Go into OSX's System Preferences and access Personal - International. This will show you what types of international input modes are available to you. You will need to have the Chinese-typing options (the typing modes have names -- I'm none too familiar with them) turned on.

But as I said, FCP's text tools often respond poorly to those input modes. Are you typing in MS Word or TextEdit first?

Sorry if some of this is vague -- I work with Chinese text all the time, but I usually have somebody else type it in first in another document, then I copy and paste into FCP or Photoshop.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics