Problems After Rendering JPEGS

Posted by Frank 
Problems After Rendering JPEGS
January 01, 2007 08:00PM
I have just upgraded to FCP 5.1.2 with the new Mac Pro-Desktop. When I apply a keyframe (Basic Zoom In On Picture)) to a JPEG image - the animation plays back without any distortion while in preview mode - green line over image. The images distorts after I render it out, the straight lines become jagged and there is a rolling strobe effect. Apple tech support can't seem to fix my problem. I have tried every conceivable setting within the program, nothing changes.

I have been viewing both in the canvas and an NTSC
monitor - The new Panasonic 26' LCD Broadcast Monitor.
I never had this problem until I upgraded to the new
Studio. I have done a complete erase and install of
the operating system and reloaded Studio. Again,
everything looks normal prior to rendering.
Re: Problems After Rendering JPEGS
January 01, 2007 08:15PM
Two questions:

1. Checked the rendering settings yet? They can't be found with the User Preferences or Audio/Video Settings.

2. How large are the JPEG files? Files that are too small, too big, or in the wrong Color Profile can cause problems.

If these two points don't address your problems, I'd try two workarounds:

1. Open the JPEG in Photoshop, resave it as a TIFF or PSD, and re-import into FCP. See if there's a difference.

2. What happens if you make the JPEG into an FCP Freeze Frame (SHIFT-N)?

www.derekmok.com
January 01, 2007 09:49PM
Thanks for the response.

There are 3 choices for the rendering. What would be my best option?
I have tried image sizes: large and small
Formats: JPEG, PSD, TIFF, PNG
The color profile: RGB
I also tried SHIFT-N, it seemed to tone down the distortion a little.
It was also recommended that I drop a CC filter on the clip - this had no effect.

I have been working with earlier versions of FCP for 4 years, I have never had a problem like this. Everything looks great prior to rendering.
January 02, 2007 12:13PM
Check the RT Pop Up menu. Make sure that you are in Safe RT, High Quality, Full Frame Rate and that you check the render on an NTSC monitor.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
January 02, 2007 01:50PM
Thanks

I have already tried that, I have also exported as quicktime conversion and get the same results. I must be in a twighlight zone episode.
January 02, 2007 03:35PM
For what it's worth.....Have you tried to add a Guassian Blur to the pics? To me it sounds like the reason it looks good in preview is that the image is blurry (no fine lines). When you render the image the lines become sharp and thin. When zooming in or out in interlace the fields are alternating and very well might "strobe". Hope this helps Barry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics