Trying to reinstall QT 6

Posted by Delphinus 
Trying to reinstall QT 6
January 08, 2007 01:36PM
You guys were great at finding the incompatibility of QT 7 and FCP 4.5, which is probably the stuttering problem I am having. I want to go back to QT 6. What is the best way to do this? I have gone to Apple's site and downloaded the Reinstall of QT 6 but I cannot install it on my master drive, as I get a notice that reads "The disk is dimmed because it does not contain the appropriate version of Quicktime" ... whatever that means.
Re: Trying to reinstall QT 6
January 08, 2007 01:49PM
Are you running on 10.3.9 MacOS?
January 08, 2007 03:12PM
Final Cut Pro 4.5 HD
OS X 10.3.9
QT 7.1.3
1.6 GB Ramm
January 08, 2007 06:58PM
Make sure you remove all the old quicktime receipts from Hard Drive > Library > Receipts. The ones that say Quicktime712 or Quicktime713. Or have other numbers in them at or above 6.

January 09, 2007 11:49AM
<<<Or have other numbers in them at or above 6.>>>

Just because I haven't worn my troublemaker hat in a long time, does this process give me MPEG2 Export back?

[he asked, blinking innocently]

Koz
January 09, 2007 05:02PM
I have taken the three consecutive clips in my timeline where I am having the stuttering problem and created from them a single separate Quicktime movie, removed the original clips from my drives altogether and inserted that new Quicktime clip into the timeline.

No difference; the timeline freezes momentarily or stutters through that section. When I launch Quicktime and open up that clip in the QT program, it plays beautifully. I have dumped the Quicktime and Final Cut Pro preferences twice, used Disk Utility from the OS X startup disk to repair all drives, and actually moved the problem clip from one drive to another (dumping it from the original drive and re-rendering the clip in the timeline). No difference. I have no other programs open except FCP, and I have never experienced this problem before. What more can I do? Should I reinstall FCP at this point?
January 09, 2007 05:43PM
How big is your Canvas window. If it's too big your clips will stutter. Barry
January 09, 2007 06:26PM
It's not very large at all; no larger tan I have had it for years now. It's probably six inches tall.
January 09, 2007 09:26PM
>>Just because I haven't worn my troublemaker hat in a long time, does this process give me MPEG2 Export back? <<

Uhm. In theory you could do, as long as you weren't running a version of OSX or FCP that required QT7.

Have you looked into Bitvice? And wasn't there some kind of LaCie unit someone was talking about recently for $50?

Delphinis : What has changed since your system last worked correctly? What was the last thing you worked on that was fine? What is the difference between that project and this one? New hardware? Moved house? Turned on waveforms? Render bars appearing? Added a TV? Can you think of anything?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics