What is the best FCP tutorial?

Posted by Brad Eisner 
What is the best FCP tutorial?
January 21, 2007 10:32PM
Hey everyone:

An actor on my last project, interested in learning FCP asked me "What is best way to learn Final Cut Pro?" I suggested my teacher, but, also told him I would ask the lafcpug for suggestions.

... so, does anyone have a tutorial, or class(es), they can recommend for first-time-user looking for a comrpehensive program. Something proven.

Thanks ...

Brad
Re: What is the best FCP tutorial?
January 22, 2007 01:29AM
Any of the DVD tutorials in the lafcpug store are good and all will "work."

[www.lafcpug.org]

As far as teachers, if he lives in LA, we got tons of good ones here. Andrew Balis and Victor Maldonado teach at Moviola. Larry Jordan and Cristine Steele and KD Gulko teach at Video Symphony. Larry also teaches at DVCreators. Diana Weynand at Weynand Training. They are but a few. All are great.

[www.lafcpug.org]

Michael Horton
-------------------
January 22, 2007 08:31AM
As someone who has been using training products as of late, I can tell you what has helped me. Whether they are the "best", I don't know, but they have helped me.

I have used the Livetype DVD tutorial from dvcreators.net. I also subscribe to lynda.com. I have subscribed to lynda.com for over a year for adobe creative suite which I use daily, before trying out the video tutorials. The FCP Studio tutorial is from Larry Jordan.

What I like about the lynda.com is that for $25 month you can access their entire tutorial library, so about any major application, including FCP, After Effects, and others are available. The tutorial are broken into short segments, so when you have a question about a particular area, or you are working and get stumped, you can open up the segment on that topic and probably get the answer. Another good one is ripplecast podcast that I subscribe through itunes for free. I think some of their tutorials are linked on this site. I have not used their paid training DVDs, but I am sure they are excellent based on the quality of the free tutorials.

Like I said, these are the ones I use, so YMMV, though, I hope this helps.
January 22, 2007 11:41AM
Michael Horton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Larry Jordan and
> Cristine Steele and KD Gulko teach at Video
> Symphony.
> [www.lafcpug.org]

I teach there too.
January 22, 2007 11:46AM
Oh yeah. Forgot. And Kevin is one of the few who will do one on one training. More expensive though.

Michael Horton
-------------------
January 22, 2007 03:28PM
I took a FCP5 training class from Larry Jordan and have been logging onto his trainings at Lynda.com which include DVDSP4 and Compressor. Larry does an excellent job and is easy to listen to. Barry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics