4 FREE FCP & Motion Filters!

Posted by Peter Wiggins 
4 FREE FCP & Motion Filters!
January 23, 2007 06:46AM

All,

Well, a bit of of a belated Christmas present, but I'm pleased to anounce we have 4 FREE FCP & Motion filters for you to download. These are in public beta at the moment, but all work well, especially MultiSpace which early testers say we should be charging for! All the instructions for installation and the files can be found HERE

MultiSpace
Puts two inputs into 3d space with global & independent XYZ & rotation. Planes can intersect too. You cannot do this in FCP, Motion OR Shake at the moment
iSight Live!
Yes, get a live input on your timeline in Motion & FCP. Very handy for picking a colour off a client's brochure. I've also waved a white envelope in front of the camera and used that as a key signal.
Rack Focus
Racks the blur from one input to the other with one parameter. Both blur values for each input can be independently set. Great for highlighting text over a picture
Opposites
Two input basic parameter linking - move one left, the other goes right. Rotate one clockwise, the other one goes anticlock. Very handy as you can assign a behavoir such as random to both elements. Great for getting funky text moves.

Hope you all enjoy using these, as always any feedback is more than welcome.

Peter Wiggins
Re: 4 FREE FCP & Motion Filters!
January 23, 2007 07:12AM
Nice one Peter! Especially Multispace ... I remember you teased the Cow with mention of your work on producing an old school style DVE plugin long long ago. Glad some of that work finally sees the light. smiling smiley
Cheers
Andy
January 23, 2007 07:15AM
Andy,

That actually wasn't the one I was talking about - that one is still in development and I'm talking to the BBC about refining it.

Have fun with the freebies, even if its just to scare your clients with iSight Live smiling smiley

Peter
January 23, 2007 07:30AM
I certainly will ! Thanks again. And good luck on the continuing plugin revolution ... long live the Quartz smiling smiley
Posted a demo movie
January 24, 2007 06:58AM
All,

I've just posted a quick demo movie of MultSpace HERE

Quick to do & quick to render - and its FREE!

Peter
Re: Posted a demo movie
January 24, 2007 09:44AM
Cool movie.

I was under the impression you could use it with video also, not just a still. Is that true?
January 24, 2007 10:08AM
Yeup, it takes whatever you input into it.

Want me to make another one with moving video ? smiling smiley

Peter
January 24, 2007 12:05PM
Very cool Peter. Thanks for that.

Michael Horton
-------------------
January 24, 2007 12:17PM
I'll give it a shot myself!

Thanks Peter!
January 25, 2007 12:21PM
Got any light sources?

;-) Nice work Peter
January 25, 2007 01:08PM
Well they may not have all the goodness of fxplug, but here are a few filters in plain vanilla fxscript for those that may have a use for them: [homepage.mac.com]

Peter, they don't exactly complete with the likes of MultiSpace, Rack Focus et al, so I didn't think you'd mind me piggybacking your thread ?

Cheers
Andy
January 25, 2007 01:14PM
Groovy Andy. That will help a lot of folks still running V5 and below.

Michael Horton
-------------------
January 25, 2007 03:31PM
Andy,

You go and piggyback away as much as you like, the more free stuff thats out there helps everybody.

Peter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics