requesting help with 3D logo...might there be a ready-made plug-in...?

Posted by RiccoB 
requesting help with 3D logo...might there be a ready-made plug-in...?
January 31, 2007 03:28PM
A client is requesting creation of a 3D company logo...that starts with a steel plate and an off-screen laser cuts through the letters of the company name...chunks of metal crash to the off-screen floor.... Or something like that.

I remember seeing 3D logo's like this in general concept...many times. So many that I have to guess there is a plug-in or software that makes this effect happenstance.

Anyone know of such a program?

Or can anyone suggest a competent person to help achieve such a concept?

(I have to face reality, I do not have time to learn 3d Max or Maya....)
Re: requesting help with 3D logo...might there be a ready-made plug-in...?
January 31, 2007 04:26PM
you could do it on the cheap using hash animation master. but i say just go to one of the dozens of 3d forums out there and ask for bids on the job.

NO - there is no plugin to pull this off. not as youve described it anyway
January 31, 2007 04:32PM
Havent a clue aboout what you describe would look like but Kinemac is about as easy a 3D program out there. There is a demo available.

[www.kinemac.com]

Michael Horton
-------------------
January 31, 2007 06:09PM
Also look at zaxwerks pro animator Pro Animator 3D Link

it does a great job of taking flat Illustrator files (or just text or objects) and making them dance and sing in thee 2 - as for blowing them up and raining debris....you can probably do that with a number of shatter effects in Boris Red - Continuum Complete or Some of the CHV Plugins once you've created the 3d Effect - Andy
February 01, 2007 12:37PM
why don't you look at the way the show OVERHAULIN' does it. that's pretty easy with After Effects.

[www.overhaulin.com]

Also, is the kind of thing, but with a background falling away?:

[www.actionscript.org]

If you don't know AE or some other effects app, you might want to hire the job out. FCP is not the program for this. It requires animating things along a path (that you must construct). It's actually not that hard, but does require knowing the app and the tricks associated with it. There are folks on this forum whom I'm sure can do it for you rather well and quickly.

hd

HarryD
February 01, 2007 03:54PM
Thanks Gentlemen for the replies.

I am definitely oriented toward hiring this one out since I just had a baby and my time (and sleep) is minimal. I sure want to know the process and best (and cheapest) methods to make this happen.

I tried to phone the two people listed in the Talent Directory/Animator section of this site (since both exclaim to have title design in their credits) yesterday with no replies...must be busy.

Harry...where is the Overhaulin logo you suggested to take a look at. I could not find it on their page and didn't find how to view their shows...? Is it at the head of their shows?

Thanks again for all the info offered and keep it coming if anyone else has suggestions please post them. And anyone out there with the know-how and toys to makes this happen for a reasonable fee...please contact me.
February 01, 2007 03:57PM
what do you consider "a reasonable fee"?
February 01, 2007 04:37PM
i'd suggest any negations take place off-list.
February 01, 2007 04:54PM
I think Nick means "negotiations"!

www.derekmok.com
February 01, 2007 05:28PM
yes that's right.

all negations are to take place ON-list.

thanks for the correction smiling smiley

nm
February 02, 2007 02:38PM
Hi,

sorry for the slow response - the link above takes you to their website. if the flash animation doesn't play, then click on the logo in the upper left hand corner. it's flash, so i know it's not exactly what you're after, but might something like that be acceptable (because it's easier to make than the laser cut-out letters).

Please pardon me for saying this, but you do know this has been done a zillion times before, right? Watch the car shows on cable and guranteed, you'll see it sooner or later.

I always try to direct my clients to something fresher and cleaner and more tasteful than what they usually want - which usually is easier anyway.

This is said often, so I'll take the opportunity to be trite: the thing about clients is that they always tell you what they want, but they usually only think they do. It's my job to figure out what they actually want and direct them to the right idea.

best of luck!

HarryD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics